Check back for our 2022 Resolutions Schedule.
One of SSEB’s program objectives is to act as a liaison between states, the federal government and industry in projects and programs affecting state and federal laws, standards and requirements, licenses and approvals. Through these resolutions and policy positions, SSEB is providing our member states a collective voice at the national level on energy and environmental issues.
On September 28, 2021, the Southern States Energy Board adopted nine resolutions at our 61st Annual Meeting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. They are available for individual download or as a booklet below.
- 1.2020 | Reliable & Resilient Electricity
- 2.2020 | Promoting Energy Security, Resilience, and Reliability
- 3.2020 | Project Advancing Grid Modernization Technologies
- 4.2020 | Resolution on the Importance of Beyond Visual Line of Sight for Drone Operations in Maintaining the Safety and Security of America’s Utilities
- 5.2020 | Study Commission for the Commercial Application of Existing Technology to Reclaim and Repurpose Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 6.2020 | Resolution in Support of Preserving State Water Allocation Authority for Energy Development & Environmental Restoration Efforts
- 7.2020 | Continued Impact of Energy Costs on Covid-19 Recovery
- 8.2020 | Enhanced Support for Carbon Dioxide Capture, Utilization, and Storage
- 9.2020 | Recognizing Edgar “Ed” Glenn Harvey Emery of Lamar, Missouri
On September 29, 2020, the Southern States Energy Board adopted nine resolutions during our virtual 60th Annual Board Business Meeting. They are available for individual download or as a booklet below.
- 1.2020 | Broadband for Grid Modernization
- 2.2020 | Commitment to Abundant and Reliable Low-Cost Energy
- 3.2020 | Impact of Energy Costs on Covid-19 Recovery
- 4.2020 | Continuing Support for Carbon Dioxide Capture, Utilization, and Storage
- 5.2020 | Supporting Inclusive Energy Source Options for Consumers & Balanced Energy Solutions
- 6.2020 | Accelerating the Hydrogen Economy with Future Research and Development
- 7.2020 | Supporting Balanced Energy Solutions and Revenue Sharing for States by Ensuring Gulf of Mexico Access
- 8.2020 | Commending the Collaborative Efforts of Congress, the U.S. Department of Energy and Its National Labs, and Electric Utilities and their Supplier Community to Develop and Deploy New Reactors and Other Innovative Carbon-Free Nuclear Technologies
- 9.2020 | Investments in Reliable, Resilient and Lower Carbon Emission Electricity
On September 24, 2019, the Southern States Energy Board adopted seven resolutions at our 59th Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky. They are available for individual download or as a booklet below.
- 1.2019 | Impact of Low Cost Energy on a Manufacturing Renaissance
- 2.2019 | Synchronizing Congressional Oversight and Legislative Measures on Cybersecurity
- 3.2019 | Advancing Deployment of Energy Storage Technologies in the South
- 4.2019 | Modernization of the Electric Grid
- 5.2019 | Supporting the Development of Renewable Natural Gas Resources
- 6.2019 | Equal Investment in Future Fossil Fuels
- 7.2019 | Accelerating Commercial Investments in Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Capture, Utilization, and Storage at Conventional Power Plants
On September 17, 2018, the Southern States Energy Board adopted 9 resolutions at our 58th Annual Meeting in Biloxi, Mississippi. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- 1.2018 | Ensuring Electric Grid Resilience and Diverse Resource Generation
- 2.2018 | Urging Removal of Clean Air Act Section 111(b) and Related Federal Implementation Plans
- 3.2018 | Amending the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act to Encourage Reclamation of Coal Combustion Residual Resources From Surface Impoundments and Landfills
- 4.2018 | Supporting Transformational Science and Technology Innovation to Advance U.S. National Security and Economic Growth
- 5.2018 | Supporting Energy Security for Consumers
- 6.2018 | Recommend ing Policies that Mitigate Market Distortions and Create Transparency
- 7.2018 | Supporting the Reconsideration of Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards
- 8.2018 | Accelerating the Issuance of Regional Emergency Fuel Waivers During Supply Shortages
- 9.2018 | Recognizing and Supporting Kathy Arlene Sammons and the Sammons Family
On September 25, 2017, the Southern States Energy Board adopted 13 resolutions at our 57th Annual Meeting in Charleston, South Carolina. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Improving Energy Infrastructure Federal Permitting Efficiency
- Reforming the New Source Review Modification Program
- Modernizing and Enhancing Energy Infrastructure
- Protecting the Nation’s Electric Power Grid from Cyber and Physical Security Threats
- Supporting Advancement of a National Repository for Spent Nuclear Fuel and High-level Radioactive Waste
- Encouraging Completion of a Fuel Fabrication Facility in South Carolina
- Encouraging Resource Conservation, Preservation and Recovery of Coal Combustion Products
- Enhancing Electric Grid Stability and Incentivizing Carbon Emissions Reduction Through Improved Efficiency Base Load Coal Units
- Concerning the Cost Allocation of Grid-Stability Transmission Projects
- Prioritizing Construction of the Appalachian Storage Hub
- Prioritizing State Mineral Property and Conservation Law Principles as They Apply to Federal Incentives that Advance Investment in Carbon Capture and Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Expressing Opposition to the Dilution of States’ Rights in the Context of Hydropower Relicensing Under Section 401 of the Clean Water Act
- Providing Support to Southern States Energy Board Member Jurisdictions in the Aftermath of Hurricane Disasters
On September 26, 2016, the Southern States Energy Board adopted eight resolutions at our 56th Annual Meeting in Rogers, Arkansas. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution Supporting the Deployment of Advanced, Innovative Electric Transmission Technology
- Resolution Supporting the Development of Advanced Carbon Emission Reduction Technologies for Power Generation
- Resolution Regarding Protection of the Nation’s Electric Power Grid From Dynamic Cyber Threats
- Resolution Concerning the Combined Impacts of Future EPA Regulations for Coal-Fired Power Plants
- Resolution Encouraging ongoing Bipartisan Efforts to Spur Development of Advanced Nuclear Reactors and Innovative Nuclear Technologies
- Resolution to Encourage Clean Energy Innovations and Applications
- Resolution Encouraging Resource Conservation, Preservation and Recovery of Coal Combustion Products
- Resolution Concerning the Stream Protection Rule
On September 28, 2015, the Southern States Energy Board adopted six resolutions at our 55th Annual Meeting in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution Regarding State Implementation Plans under the Clean Power Plan
- Resolution Supporting Retention of the Current Ozone Air Quality Standard
- Resolution Encouraging Adoption of the Regulation Freedom Amendment
- Resolution In Support of Expanded Liquefied Natural Gas Exports
- Resolution Urging the Development of Critical Natural Gas Transmission Infrastructure
- Resolution Supporting Carbon Capture and Storage and Enhanced Oil Recovery
On September 29, 2014, the Southern States Energy Board adopted five resolutions at our 54th Annual Meeting in Mobile, Alabama. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution to Support a Robust 2017-2022 Outer Continental Shelf Leasing Program
- Resolution Concerning Clean Water Act Regulations and EPA’s Definitions of “Waters of the U.S.”
- Resolution Supporting Fuel and Technology Diversity in the U.S. Electricity Generation Portfolio
- Resolution Concerning U.S. EPA’s Proposed Greenhouse Gas Emission Guidelines for Existing Fossil-Fueled Power Plants
- Resolution Questioning Nuclear-Specific Provisions of U.S. EPA’s Proposed 111(d) Carbon Rule
On October 14, 2013, the Southern States Energy Board adopted seven resolutions at our 53rd Annual Meeting in Biloxi, Mississippi. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Fixing Americas Inequities with Revenue (FAIR) Act Resolution
- Outer Continental Shelf Access Resolution
- Resolution Supporting the Expansion of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Export Capability
- Resolution Concerning Proposed U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New Fossil-Fueled Power Plants
- Resolution Calling for the EPA to Evaluate and Publish a State-by-State Analysis and Summary of Projected Greenhouse Emissions Resulting from the New Source Performance Standards Introduced on September 20, 2013 and Planned Standards for Existing Sources to be Proposed on June 1, 2014
- Updating Net Metering Policies Resolution
- Resolution Encouraging High Performance State Buildings
On September 24, 2012, the Southern States Energy Board adopted five resolutions at our 52nd Annual Meeting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. They are available for download by clicking the link below.
- Small Modular Nuclear Reactors Resolution
- Interium Storage of Used Nuclear Fuel in Voluntary Communities Resolution
- CNG and LNG Conversion Resolution
- Resolution Urging Extension of the Current Dividend Tax Rate and Continued Parity with Capital Gains Tax Rates
- Resolution on Energy Recovery
On October 15, 2011, the Southern States Energy Board adopted its 2011 resolutions and policy positions at our 51st Annual Meeting in Richmond, Virginia. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Best Available Control Technology for Coal-Based Electric Generation-SSEB Resolution
- Eliminate the Import Tariffs for Nuclear Power Plant Technology-SSEB Policy Position
- Reform Nuclear Facility Depreciation-SSEB Policy Position
- Allocation of Nuclear Production Tax Credit-SSEB Policy Position
- “Train Wreck”-SSEB Resolution