The Southern States Energy Board operates and oversees a wide variety of energy and environment programs. Areas from water use to carbon sequestration, biomass to nuclear waste transportation, legislative and regulatory action to energy independence and security, just to name a few, all fall under the purview of SSEB. Click the links below to learn more about our leadership, activities and research in these areas.
- Clean Coal Energy Policies and Technologies
- Carbon Management (SECARB)
- Southeast Regional CO2 Sequestration Training Program (SECARB-Ed)
- CO2 Utilization and Storage Acceleration (CO2 USA)
- Southeast Offshore Storage Resource Assessment (SOSRA)
- Southeast Regional Carbon Storage Partnership: Offshore Gulf of Mexico (SECARB: Offshore)
- Southeast Regional CO2 Utilization and Storage Acceleration Partnership (SECARB-USA)
- Establishing an Early CO2 Storage Complex in Kemper County, MS (Project ECO2S)
- Radioactive Materials: Emergency Response and Transportation Planning
- Strategizing an Electric Energy Policy & Regulatory Framework in Puerto Rico
- Energy and Environmental Legislative Monitoring
The Southern States Energy Board, in its conduct as recipient of federal funding to perform project work, complies with all applicable requirements of 10 C.F.R. § 1040.5. SSEB also complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub. L.88-352), Section 16 of the Federal Energy Administration Act of 1974 (Pub.L.93-275), Section 401 of the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974 (Pub.L.93-438), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended (Pub.L.92-318, Pub.L.93-568, and Pub.L.94-482), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Pub.L.93-112), the Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (Pub.L.94-135), Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Pub.L.90-284), the Department of Energy Organization Act of 1977 (Pub.L.95-91), and the Energy Conservation and Production Act of 1976, as amended (Pub.L.94-385) and Title 10, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 1040. In accordance with the above laws and regulations issued pursuant thereto, SSEB assures that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity in which Federal assistance is received from the Department of Energy.