Adopted by the Southern States Energy Board
One of SSEB’s program objectives is to act as a liaison between states, the federal government and industry in projects and programs affecting state and federal laws, standards and requirements, licenses and approvals. Through these resolutions and policy positions, SSEB is providing our member states a collective voice at the national level on energy and environmental issues.
On September 26, 2016, the Southern States Energy Board adopted eight resolutions at our 56th Annual Meeting in Rogers, Arkansas. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution Supporting the Deployment of Advanced, Innovative Electric Transmission Technology
- Resolution Supporting the Development of Advanced Carbon Emission Reduction Technologies for Power Generation
- Resolution Regarding Protection of the Nation’s Electric Power Grid From Dynamic Cyber Threats
- Resolution Concerning the Combined Impacts of Future EPA Regulations for Coal-Fired Power Plants
- Resolution Encouraging ongoing Bipartisan Efforts to Spur Development of Advanced Nuclear Reactors and Innovative Nuclear Technologies
- Resolution to Encourage Clean Energy Innovations and Applications
- Resolution Encouraging Resource Conservation, Preservation and Recovery of Coal Combustion Products
- Resolution Concerning the Stream Protection Rule
On September 28, 2015, the Southern States Energy Board adopted six resolutions at our 55th Annual Meeting in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution Regarding State Implementation Plans under the Clean Power Plan
- Resolution Supporting Retention of the Current Ozone Air Quality Standard
- Resolution Encouraging Adoption of the Regulation Freedom Amendment
- Resolution In Support of Expanded Liquefied Natural Gas Exports
- Resolution Urging the Development of Critical Natural Gas Transmission Infrastructure
- Resolution Supporting Carbon Capture and Storage and Enhanced Oil Recovery
On September 29, 2014, the Southern States Energy Board adopted five resolutions at our 54th Annual Meeting in Mobile, Alabama. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Resolution to Support a Robust 2017-2022 Outer Continental Shelf Leasing Program
- Resolution Concerning Clean Water Act Regulations and EPA’s Definitions of “Waters of the U.S.”
- Resolution Supporting Fuel and Technology Diversity in the U.S. Electricity Generation Portfolio
- Resolution Concerning U.S. EPA’s Proposed Greenhouse Gas Emission Guidelines for Existing Fossil-Fueled Power Plants
- Resolution Questioning Nuclear-Specific Provisions of U.S. EPA’s Proposed 111(d) Carbon Rule
On October 14, 2013, the Southern States Energy Board adopted seven resolutions at our 53rd Annual Meeting in Biloxi, Mississippi. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Fixing Americas Inequities with Revenue (FAIR) Act Resolution
- Outer Continental Shelf Access Resolution
- Resolution Supporting the Expansion of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Export Capability
- Resolution Concerning Proposed U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New Fossil-Fueled Power Plants
- Resolution Calling for the EPA to Evaluate and Publish a State-by-State Analysis and Summary of Projected Greenhouse Emissions Resulting from the New Source Performance Standards Introduced on September 20, 2013 and Planned Standards for Existing Sources to be Proposed on June 1, 2014
- Updating Net Metering Policies Resolution
- Resolution Encouraging High Performance State Buildings
On September 24, 2012, the Southern States Energy Board adopted five resolutions at our 52nd Annual Meeting in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. They are available for download by clicking the link below.
- Small Modular Nuclear Reactors Resolution
- Interium Storage of Used Nuclear Fuel in Voluntary Communities Resolution
- CNG and LNG Conversion Resolution
- Resolution Urging Extension of the Current Dividend Tax Rate and Continued Parity with Capital Gains Tax Rates
- Resolution on Energy Recovery
On October 15, 2011, the Southern States Energy Board adopted its 2011 resolutions and policy positions at our 51st Annual Meeting in Richmond, Virginia. They are available for download by clicking the links below.
- Best Available Control Technology for Coal-Based Electric Generation-SSEB Resolution (54.5kb PDF)
- Eliminate the Import Tariffs for Nuclear Power Plant Technology-SSEB Policy Position (109.5kb PDF)
- Reform Nuclear Facility Depreciation-SSEB Policy Position (43kb PDF)
- Allocation of Nuclear Production Tax Credit-SSEB Policy Position (44.81kb PDF)
- “Train Wreck”-SSEB Resolution (36.8kb PDF)